KDHE Issues Permit for State's
Largest Hog Factory in Greeley County
"Seaboard quits use of plastic liners for huge wastewater lagoons"
"Sierra Club petitions Department for new rules to protect drinking water aquifer for when
animals factories are abandoned"
1. Press release
2. Petition to initiate rule-making
3. Sierra Club Correspondence with KDHE
- Initial Chapter Comment
- KDHE's response to commenters (excerpt)
- Kansas Chapter letter of objection
- Closure Plan attachment
- Director Mitchell's response to the Kansas Chapter
4. Map of Seaboard site re: High Plains aquifer in Greeley Co., KS
5. Comments by Chapter ExCom member Duane Schrag
6. Decline of Aquifer at Hog Factory Location
7. June 6, Seaboard to install plastic liners after all, but it is a "coincidence."